Thursday, September 22, 2011

Without a vision, the people will perish...

Proverbs 29:18, what a wonderful, inspiring scripture. I believe in my heart of hearts it is so true. Many translate vision into goal, or objective or dream, and I think all of them are appropriate, simply because if you don't reach for something in your life that is beyond you, then you are merely existing, which in my opinion, and apparently God's as well, is no different than death. You must aspire to do something, be something, touch something, or what's the point of living?
 I thought of this scripture last night as I was watching XFactor. A forty-two year old woman auditioning to make her dream of being a superstar singer told Simon Cowell, judge extraordinaire, that she 'couldn't die with all this music' inside of her. Oh my, how that rung my bell. It made me think that aspiring singers are not much different from aspiring authors. They have a dream of being known, being successful, but probably more than anything, being heard. I related to that lady immediately, and couldn't describe any better how I feel about writing. I can't die with all these stories inside me. They must be told. They must be put out there in print to help people, for I have a vision of touching lives with what I write, helping people understand what God's plan is for every relationship. This is my niche, what every story I pen will center around. And I know that if I don't get these stories out there, than I will not have fulfilled my purpose. Because yes, dreams give purpose, vision gives inspiration, the desire to live beyond yourself. This woman knew that and voiced it so well to her judges.
So, if you have a dream, and I assume you do or you probably wouldn't be reading this particular blog, then good for you. Know that your vision will keep you from wasting away your life, as long as you work at making it come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment