Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Educate Yourself

In between nesting, napping, working on my new story, I've been reading a very informative book titled 'Get Known Before the Book Deal' by Christina Katz. And to be honest, I don't think I've ever purchased a better book. I've learned more about marketing myself in the first fifty pages than I have in any college course, blog, article, etcetera. By doing so, I've decided that spending a little money to educate yourself on how the publishing world works is completely worth it. I've blogged before about spending time and money researching this arena, and I can't say I've ever enjoyed it, until I came across this informative little book that will probably turn me a profit in the long run. I do believe it's the best sixteen bucks I've ever spent, and a valuable tool that I will refer back to often. My point: invest in yourself. Get the self-help books. Take the time to accrue information that will pay off and turn your passion into a career. So my thanks go out to Ms. Christina Katz. I now have an entirely new attitude towards marketing, and it's all because I took the time to educate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment