Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Work Begins!

It's been a long week!
But I'm not going to complain, because it's not everyday someone can say they've been working on a marketing plan to help their publisher promote their new book. In between designing my website, getting head shots taken, and doing the normal mommy/wife thing, I've been calling radio stations, the local newspaper, visiting bookstores, and answering all manner of questions pertaining to my book. It was all a little overwhelming, but I'm fueled by knowing that in about a year or so, my story will be in print, and all the sleep deprivation will be entirely worth it. Soon I will start a series here on my blog about the writing process down through submissions, rejections, etcetera, that way I can stay true to the purpose of this blog: to help you, the aspiring writer, in your journey to being published. Looking back, I truly wish I had someone holding my hand through it all, giving me advice, clueing me in as what to expect next. I'm more the wiser having researched and learned by myself, but I do feel an obligation to my fellow writers to share what I've learned in any way I can (it's the same feeling I get when I walk in a bookstore and want to buy everything on the shelves, just so I can contribute to an author's income!). So in the meantime, you can visit my website, www.joleewilson.com to see what my stories are about, and the motivation behind them. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment