Friday, March 11, 2016

Reflection

1 Peter 4:10 says ‘Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.’ So when God called me  to be a writer, I knew it was to be for His Kingdom and His purpose. I’ve always known that I had the God given gift to write stories, but until I was called, I had only used the gift for me. 

So I found myself in a daunting place, unknown territory-how was I to break beyond the borders of self and use my gift of writing to serve others, to reach a lost world for Jesus?
Many times I sat staring at a blank page, wondering how and where to begin. The fear and trepidation of baring my soul to a world with a story from my heart was overwhelming. What would people think of me? Am I really good enough to do this? 

These questions plagued my mind every time I sat before that blank page. This was a cycle I could not break until I shifted from myself to my Savior. I realized this story wouldn’t bare my soul, it would bare His! This story wouldn’t be for my recognition, it would be for His! I am not good enough to write this story, but Christ in me is!

Until I put fear aside and came boldly to His throne of grace in my time of need, was I able to begin to pour words onto a page. In three months I had written almost a quarter of a million words, effortlessly, all to His glory. Only a few months later, my novel was published, again all to His glory. 

Those words I wrote comprised a story that would display the redemptive love of the God I serve, a gracious Father who calls us to use our gifts with boldness for His Kingdom.


So I leave you with where I started- 1 Peter 4:10-How am I to use this gift of writing to serve others? How are you to use your gift to serve others? You see, it’s all in your approach! You have to be bold and go for it! Just begin, knowing it’s for your Savior and His glory! Have the courage to boldly say, “Here I am God, send me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment